How to write a research proposal?
Research proposal is usually written as an initial requirement for the degree which requires thesis in addition to course work. E.g. MS and PhD degrees
Research proposal can be written very easily by following steps.
1) Read a few (6-10) papers randomly from top class journals/conferences related to a research domain of no more than 3 years old.
2) Select a specific topic of your interest.
3) Read papers specific to that sub area of research of that research domain (approx. 10). E.g. Image Processing is a research domain and feature selection for image processing is sub area of research.
4) Identify the problem in existing work and justify why it is important to handle.
5) Propose a solution providing several steps to solve that problem. To write about solution see how people usually sate steps.
6) Write Experimental settings to evaluate the proposed solution.
Note: Please comment about the usefulness of aforementioned content. We will be considering comments to improve the quality of our post in order to make it more useful.