Scholarships for Djiboutian Students 2016
Scholarships for Djiboutian Students 2016

Intermediate / Bachelors / Masters / PhD / Post Doctoral Degrees

2016 / 2017 Scholarships in Djibouti and Abroad

Scholarships for Djiboutian Students 2016

Djibouti is a country located in the Horn of Africa. Djibouti is surrounded by Eritrea in the north, Ethiopia in the west and south, and Somaliland in the southeast and other border by the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden at the east.  Djibouti city is the largest and old and the capital city of the Djibouti country. Total population of the country is 810,178 in 2014 survey. Djiboutian franc (DJF) currency used in the country. Djibouti is a semi-presidential republic country, with executive power resting in the central government, and legislative power in both the government and the Djiboutian National Assembly. Official languages are French and Arabic in the state. Mostly population of Djibouti is Muslim. As 2012, Islam Religion is observed by 94% of the nation’s population around about 740,000, while the remaining 6% of population are Christians.

Djibouti education system is strongly influenced by France education system.  Djibouti education is a priority for the government of Djibouti. As of 2009, Government of Djibouti allocates 20.5% of its annual budget to scholastic instruction. In 2010 Djiboutian women were participating in the Global Pulse educational initiative in the country. Djibouti education system was significantly restructured and made compulsory for every child in the country. Djibouti education system was categories into 5 levels: Primary, Primary, Middle education, Secondary, Tertiary education. That consists of five years of primary school and four years of middle school. Secondary schools also require a Certificate of Fundamental Education for admission in Djibouti. Djibouti has Institutions of higher learning include the University of Djibouti.

International Scholarships for  Djiboutian Students 2016

International scholarships are for the  Djiboutian students who want to pursue their education in foreign schools, colleges, institutes and universities who are offering exceptional scholarships to Students on the basis of their excellent academic record. There are several international scholarships such as, International Postgraduate Coursework Award (IPCA), The Denys Holland Scholarship, Xiamen University Scholarships, The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Scholarships, National University of Ireland Scholarships, Institute of Education (IOE) Scholarships and many others.