South Korean Government Scholarships 2017 for International Students in South Korea
BS / Bachelors / MS / Masters / PhD Scholarships
Fully Funded Scholarships for National / International Students
South Korean Government Scholarships 2017
The South Korean Government is offering scholarships for international students in South Korea. These scholarships are for those students who want to pursue their BS/Masters/PhD studies in different universities affiliated with Korean Government. These scholarships are aiming at developing global leaders and to strengthen the Korea friendly network world widely.
Field of Study / Subjects
Applicants can choose any field for their studies of BS/Masters/PhD degree studies which are offered in different universities under Korean Government.
Other latest Scholarships in South Korea are also offered for different degrees and subjects all over the South Korea.
Number of Scholarships
About 345 scholarships are offered under Korean Government scholarship
Duration of Scholarship
The total duration of award is settled as:
For undergraduate: 5 years, of which four years will be of bachelor’s degree while one year will be of Korean language study.
For Masters 3 years, of which 2 years will be of Degree while one year will be of Korean language study.
For PhD: 4 years, of which 3 years will be of Degree while one year will be of Korean language study.
Scholarship Description / Details
This scholarship is offering many kinds of incentives and grants for the grantees of this program, which are given as follows:
For Graduate candidates:
- Airfare Round-trip economy class ticket
- Monthly Allowance 900,000 won(KRW) per month
- Research Allowance per Semester 210,000 won for scholars in the field of humanities and social sciences,
and 240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences
- Relocation Allowance 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language Training Fee full coverage
- Tuitions all admission fees are waived by the host institution.
The tuition will be provided for by NIIED
- Dissertation Printing Costs 500,000 ~ 800,000 won, depending on actual costs
- Medical Insurance 20,000 won per month will be provided
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language 100,000 won per month
For Undergraduate candidates:
- Round-trip economy class airfare
- Monthly Stipend (800,000 won)
- Medical Insurance (20,000 won) per month will be provided (limited coverage)
- Settlement Allowance (200,000 won upon arrival)
Additionally, grantees with a good command of the Korean language (level 5 or higher in TOPIK)
will receive an additional 100,000 won
In order to be considered as eligible for the scholarships offered by South Korean government, applicants should possess following eligibility criteria:
For Graduate Program:
- Applicant should be from any country with a valid passport (except Korean citizenship)
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st for this scholarship
- Applicants who have previously enrolled in or graduated from an undergraduate program, a master’s program, or a doctoral program (including exchange program) in Korea are ineligible for this scholarship
- Applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80%(out of 100%) or higher than
For Undergraduate Program:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country to which the scholarship is offered
- Applicants have graduated or will be scheduled to graduate from high school as of March 1st
- Applicants must possess above 80% (out of 100%) cumulative grade point average (CGPA), or must be within the top 20% (out of 100%) in rank in high school of previously education.
How to Apply / Download Scholarship Form / Documents Required
Applicants, who want to apply for the scholarship offered by Korean Government:
- Should submit their application form for scholarship before the final date of submission
- Attach all necessary documents
- Download Form to apply
- For Graduate program:
- Tel: 02-3668-1389
- Fax: 02-743-4992
- For Undergraduate program:
- Tel: 02-3668-1357
- Fax: 02-743-4992
Last Date to Apply / Deadline: March (Annual)
Official Website: Just go the following link for further information