Steps to Write a Survey Paper
Survey/review paper are basically explanation of your own research. A survey or review paper is a service towards the scientific community; it means that you are writing survey paper for them. Majority of researchers write survey paper after consulting different review papers but most important thing is to understand the scientific topic. You should the main subject area going to be covered in your review paper. Moreover, make sure to write new and original review paper instead of copying someone else’s idea. Always remember that review paper should be one column and single spaced. Also use 11 point size and paper should be of maximum fifteen pages including references and glossary. Survey/review paper can be done individually as well as within the group. There are different steps of writing a survey paper that we will discuss below.
A paper that abridges and sorted out late research brings about a novel way that incorporates and adds understanding to work in the field. A review article accepts general information of the region; it underscores the characterization of the current writing, creating a viewpoint on the zone, and assessing patterns.”
What are the objectives/goals of Survey paper?
Provide spectator with a perspective of existing work that is overall composed and far reaching
- Not all points of interest must be incorporated, which one’s ought/shouldn’t?
- make beyond any doubt to blanket all applicable material totally
- Logical structure of association
- State of the craft view
Overview paper ought to blanket
- Summarize the exploration in 5-8 papers on a specific theme
- Include your critique on the hugeness of the methodology and the results introduced in each one paper
- Provide a discriminating appraisal of the work that has been carried out
- Include a dialog on future exploration bearings
Things to be Ponder
- Everything you compose in this review paper must be in your words
- All thoughts, rewords of other individuals’ words must be accurately credited in the assortment of the paper and in the references
Title Page of Survey paper:
The title page of survey paper should include following information,
- The main title of the survey or review paper
- If you are working in a group than make sure to write names of the group members with their e0mail addresses
- The course title, your supervisor name and Code number of the course
- It should cover abstract but make sure to write your abstract of maximum 300 words
How to Pick Articles for Ideas regarding Survey paper?
When picking papers to peruse – attempt to:
- Pick a late review of the field so you can rapidly pick up an outline,
- Pick a paper that you can simpler comprehend book sections frequently give less demanding reasonable materials and long clarification that may provide for you a head begin, despite the fact that they may not be as cutting-edge as papers
- Pick papers that are identified with one another in a few ways and/or that are in the same field so you can compose a significant study out of them
- Favor papers from well-known diaries and meetings,
- Favor “first” or “foundational” papers in the field (as demonstrated in other individuals’ overview paper),
- Favor later papers,
- Once you have distinguished a fascinating innovation to report upon, take after advancements in that strand of engineering (e.g. time-wise and engineering insightful improvements).
- Find associations as for one another and to your theme zone (arrangement or classification)
Introduction: Your introduction should explain about the background and motivation why you selected the certain topic. Afterwards, summarize your research problem in a precise manner than proposed different approaches to the problem and conclude the results. Make sure not to forget any step in the introduction while writing review or survey paper.
Related Work: It deals with the research work that has already been done by someone else in the area of your research. It can cause plagiarism issue so be careful and try to find out something latest and new topic to write your survey paper.
Body of Work: Make sure to explain your body work (whole method, process) in a vivid and clear manner that anyone can understand later on. You can also add about your personal experience while working on your selected approaches, it’s totally up to you.
Conclusion: Explain what you have conducted from your research in your sample paper but keep it precise. Also give few tips for other researchers that can help them in future. Conclusion should not be more than one or two paragraphs in the sample or review paper so be careful.
References: Make sure to list out all the sources in the reference section of your sample or review paper. Last but not least, citation of references should be done carefully. Avoid adding false and fake references in your sample paper because it can demolish your whole effort easily.
Rules For Cite A Reference:
- Cite the entire information about your survey paper
- Author or Writer complete name
- Title of Paper
- Details about Publications
- Total page numbers as well as year etc.
Rules for Bibliography:
- Don’t use of et al. in a bibliography except list is very elongated (five or more writers).
- Internet drafts must be noticeable “effort/work in evolution”.
- Book citations embrace year of publication, but not included ISBN number.
Things need to avoid: Don’t use full links or place full web links in your survey paper. In short, make sure not to do such mistakes while writing survey paper.