What are high quality journals?
Research has become very competitive these days. It is very important to know the repute of the journal where you are publishing. Usually there are some basic characteristics which tell us about the repute of high quality journals.
1) They are very strict in accepting the papers related to research areas mentioned on the journal page.
2) The editorial board members are well known people in their area of research.
3) They are usually published by well known publishers e.g. Springer, ACM, Elsevier, Wiley etc
4) Most of them do not ask for any publication cost or review charges though color figures are charged.
5) High rejection rate.
6) Detailed comments sometime even more than 3 pages for a 10 pages paper.
7) At least two well known reviewers provide reviews.