Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
What is Certified Internal Auditor?
It is an Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)’s product that demonstrates the hidden skills and abilities in internal auditing field. It mainly invites or welcomes the practionars to boost up their auditing skills in a reliable business environment.
To get certified, a candidate must meet fewer requirements:
- A 4-year Post-Secondary/Higher Degree or its educational equivalent from recognized university.
- Regarding work experience, a candidate must have 24 hours of Experience in Internal Auditing.
- The candidate is supposed to submit a Character Reference Form which will further signed by any certified supervisor or professional.
- Submitting an NIC or official passport is required in order to prove identification.
- CIA is a computer-based testing (CBT) exam.
- CIA’s exam is a confidential one free from public glance.
- It is a three-fold story with fixed questions and allocated time:
|Part 1||Part 2||Part 3|
|Internal Audit Basics||Internal Audit Practice||Internal Audit Knowledge Elements|
|125 questions (150 minutes)||100 questions (120 minutes)||100 questions (120 minutes)|
|Mainly test candidates’ ability to conduct internal audit engagements.||Assess the knowledge to establish risk-based plan and ways to manage internal audit function and individual engagements.||Evaluates several topics included risk and financial management, business processes, information technology and management principles.|
How to apply?
In order to apply, follow below-mentioned steps:
- Login or make an account online.
- After making an account, IIA will let a candidate know about examination.
- Register for CIA program by following instructions.
- Go through all the registration process via IIA account.
Fee structure is applicable globally but there is a different fee criteria for every country.
- For application fee, it costs US $200for members and US $100non-members.
- For Part-1 of CIA, it costs US $200 for members and US $100non-members.
- For Part-2 and 3 of CIA, it costs US $200 for members and US $100non-members.
- IIA provides fee concession or discounts for students and professors.
For more fee details regarding extension, reporting and cancellation, visit https://na.theiia.org/certification/pages/pricing-structure.aspx
How to get Prepared?
- CIA Sample Exam questions are planned for candidates with complete answers.Download sample CIA exam questions from theiia.org
- IIA’s CIA learning system is designed in collaboration with experts. Candidates may order 3-part CIA exam online through official site.
- It allows candidates to boost up the weak areas as it contains new content for students.
Where to take exam?
CIA is administered worldwide with computer-based testing (CBT). Pearson VUE testing centers are chosen to cater students all over the world approximately at 500 sites. Schedule the exam with Pearson at http://pearsonvue.com/iia/
Contact Details: Call at +1-407-937-1111 for any query or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org