Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
Are you intending to go to the optometry school of United States? If yes! Then OAT is right here designed for you.
Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
Optometry Admission Test (OAT) conducts by Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO) for the applicants tending to appear in colleges and schools of optometry. It is the test mainly used to assess the qualification of students to forward them to a school of optometry. Major drive behind the credential is to evaluate the general knowledge of scientific information.
Course Outline / Sections / Time Allocation
OAT comprises of four sections: Survey of the Natural Sciences, Reading Comprehension, Physics and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Survey of the natural sciences includes 100 question of 90 minutes. 40 from biology, 30 from general chemistry and 30 from organic chemistry.
- Reading comprehension includes 40 items of 50 minutes. It contains the passages mainly about scientific topics.
- Physics contain 40 items of 50 minutes mainly on topics like units, vectors, statics, rotational motion and basic physics information.
- Quantitative Reasoning contains 40 items of 45 minutes based on mathematical problems and applied mathematics (word problems).
- In total, candidate has to wind up within 4 hours and 40 minutes.
OAT tests consists of multi-choice questions. Scoring ranges from 200 to 400. Result itself not a total score of correct answers rather converted to a scale of 200 and 400.
OAT Test Fee
The OAT’s total fee is $330.00 (non-refundable). If candidates intend to reschedule the test they have to pay $ 100 for one to five business days, $60 for scheduling within 6 to 30 days and $25 for scheduling with in more than 31 days.
How to Apply / How to get registered
- Foremost task is to make PIN (Personal Identification Number) via official site ada.org as it is a must.
- Next, Access the OAT application form right through the website.
- The name on the IDs and application form must be the same.
- After processing of application form, examines will send a confirmation notice to schedule exam with Prometric.
- Candidates are asked to get registered or scheduled via Prometric prometric.com
- Tests are administered at Prometric test centers mainly in United States and its territories.
- Any mistake occurred in name will be resulted in the denial of application.
- In that case, a new application can be submitted either OAT Electronic Application or OAT Test Accommodation Request.
Note: Testing cannot be scheduled between April 2, 2015-April 14, 2015 due to system maintenance.
OAT Test Prepration
- OAT’s Test study guide can be accessed via opted.org
- It urges students to participate in the preparation of four sections of OAT.
- At Prometric test Centre, A test drive of 30 minutes will be given to the candidates in order to experience the OAT test. 15 minutes for the optional tutorial and 15 minutes for the optional pre-testing survey.
- Test materials are specifically confidential and any share of material is not allowed to candidates.
- Optometry Admission Testing Program
- 211 East Chicago Avenue
- Chicago IL 60611-2637
- Tel: 800.232.1694
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For rescheduling appointments, call at 800.688.5804
- Website: www.ada.org